It’s the Monday after the Social Media awards and I have to say it really was a super evening. From the greeting as we entered the room and the setup to the new and familiar faces and the comedy stylings of Colm O’Regan who’ll definitely be worth a look at this years Catlaughs Festival.
The first thanks have to go to Damien Mulley for pulling the whole event together. Awesome job Damo! Having run some big events myself, it’s always fun to see an event where even when things go slightly wrong they seem like part of the show. The inimitable Rick O’Shea gave his usual sterling performance as MC, but then he talks all day for a living so he ought to be able to do this really I suppose. Ably assisted by the superb Voiceover Bloke who seems to be doing ok since E4.
As you can see from the grainy photo below the event was packed but many people never left the bar. Here I am with the Eirtight crew Kieran Dundon and John Beckett. 🙂
I love the Social Media cupcakes from Curious Cupcakes as well.
Finally and not forgetting the whole point of the evening.
Here are the winners.
(List pinched shamelessly from The Sociable)
- Facebook Page for a business (Non-campaign) – National Lottery
- Facebook Page for a business (Owner managed) – Spin 1038
- Facebook Page for non-profit/organisation – Cork Opera House
- Integrated Facebook campaign (Page, app and ads) – Lidl Ireland
- Video/Video campaign (Non-broadcast) – Vodafone Ireland
- Blog of a business – Blacknight
- Best business Twitter account (Marketing, sales) – Spin 1038
- Best business Twitter account (Support, CRM) – Irish Rail and Eircom
- Best business Twitter campaign – Buyers Broker
- Best use of social media in an election – Labour Party campaign
- Best use of social media for a sponsorship campaign – O2 Ireland
- Innovative use of social media – Brando Digital
- Customer care using social media (Integrated) – Vodafone Ireland
- Use of social media by State body – Fáilte Ireland
- Integrated social media campaign – Electric Ireland
- Social media effectiveness – Lidl Ireland
- Online PR campaign – OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory
- Best mobile app (Marketing) – CarZone.ie
- Agency of the year – WHPR/Ogilvy (Sponsored by us here at PrimaryPosition)
Grand Prix – Vodafone Ireland