In February, the team at Primary Position started working with DPV Mobile Labs (a division of DPV Transportation) based in Boston with offices in Hartford (CT) and NYC. DPV Mobile Labs is solving two critical parts of the COVID-19 pandemic problem — rapid on-site covid testing and Mobile Vaccination Labs.
DPV Mobile Lab’s mission is two fold:
- To provide portable, on-demand rapid COVID-19 testing that comes to the community, reducing people’s need to travel, and eliminating the stress of waiting days for results. This service also enables communities and schools to actively screen, mitigating the costs related to frequent site and school shutdowns that arise when people test positive.
- To start bringing vaccines into communities, especially groups higher at risk and/or who’ve had worse outcomes as a result of contracting COVID-19. Helping to overcome the inequities is an essential goal of CEO, Daniel Perez.
Mobile COVID-19 testing is essential to enabling front-line, essential workers as well as schools, offices, transport and higher education move forward safely. Right now, we are gearing up to send more and more mobile vaccines tests to different schools and workplaces, including:
- Elementary, Middle and High Schools
- Universities and colleges
- Warehouses, fulfilment centres, product and packing
- Logistics and Supply
Mobile Vaccination will also play a critical role in our nation’s recovery, especially for rural and less populated areas, and for people who are afraid or cannot travel to existing mass vaccination centers.
Through simple online booking, we are able to ensure that people can receive the vaccines they have reserved and reduce the stress and waiting times at pharmacies and vaccination centers. This is really critical especially for people of color and other vulnerable groups who, to date, have been getting vaccinated at significantly lower rates than the rest of the population.